We annually present the Iowa Character Awards. Since 2005, we have recognized more than 100 Iowans for showing good character.
Nominations are now available for the 2015 Iowa Character Awards.
- Nominees must be living in Iowa.
- Nominee can not be a previous recipient of an Iowa Character Award in the previous five years.
- The Robert D. & Billie Ray Center’s staff, paid consultants and National Advisory Committee are not eligible for an award.
- Complete the nomination form by answering six essay questions telling us how your nominee consistently demonstrates good character.
- Attach up to six pages of supporting documents (letters of recommendation, press clippings, certificates, etc).
- Nominations must be submitted before May 13, 2015.
- Nominees will be notified by mail by June 30, 2015.
- All nominees and recipients are invited to attend the Iowa Character Awards dinner on July 31 at Prairie Meadows Events and Conference Center. Look for more information about the awards dinner this summer.
Congrats to the 2014 recipients!
Educator of Character: Scott Jeske, Eagle Grove
Citizen of Character (Youth): Rose Eischeid, Carroll
Citizen of Character (Adult): Milton Cole, W. Des Moines
Organization of Character: Freedom Quilts, Fonda
Aaron Eilerts Service Award: Emma Rittgers, Ankeny
School District of Character: Ottumwa School District
School of Character: Clear Creek Elementary School, Clear Lake
Pursuing Victory With Honor: Drake University Athletics, Des Moines
Community: New Hampton
Champion: Bruce Clark, Waterloo
Service Dog: Puppy Jake, Des Moines
Partner of the Year: Wells Fargo
Robert D. Ray Pillar of Character Award: Jim Aipperspach, Clive
2014 Honorable Mention recipients
Sydney Coloff, Cedar Falls
Dr. Richard Deming, Des Moines
Jordan George, Des Moines
Tanner Johansen, Des Moines
Deanne Mundt, Urbandale
Aiddy Phomvisay, Marshalltown
Barb Tigges, W. Des Moines
Ginna Walker, Waterloo
Behind the Mask, Iowa City