Deadline: March 3, 2014
Help us select the 2014 Character Count Award winners who will be recognized at an April 15 awards program held at Hawkeye Community College. Categories are explained below. Click here for the nomination form.
- Business/Organization of Character: Presented to an organization (including non-profit) that demonstrates a commitment to good character in its professional culture and climate.
- Adult Citizen of Character: Presented to a Cedar Valley resident whose actions demonstrate a continuous commitment to good character.
- Youth Citizen of Character: Presented to one student ages 12 through 18 who has demonstrated adherence to the Six Pillars.
- Educator of Character: Presented to an educator or administrator who teaches and models good character and has impacted students through leadership and innovative character development.
- Pursuing Victory With Honor: Presented to an athletics team, coach, student-athlete or organization that demonstrates commitment to sportsmanship and good character.
- School of Character: Presented to a school whose faculty, staff and students practice good character.
- Nominees must reside in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo school district areas.
How to Nominate
Please submit a short description of why your nominee is deserving of a Character Counts award. Discuss his/her vocation or professional role, how they serve as a role model and/or their community, and volunteer involvement.
If your nominee is selected for further consideration, we may ask you and the nominee to provide additional information for a possible future state honor.
For questions, contact:
Bruce Clark, 319-240-2511
Send nominations to:
Cedar Valley Character Counts, P.O. Box 123, Cedar Falls, IA 50613; or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org